Hello there! my name is Sandeep and I’m the founder of Iammakingmoney.com.
3.5 years back, I decided to change my life by not working in an 8 to 5 job.
I had bigger dreams than just getting promotions in the corporate world.
I started looking for ways to make money online and I was lucky enough to explore the hidden opportunities of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a part of Digital Marketing.
This guide will help you to understand basics of digital marketing.
Make sure to download free PDF: 7 Steps to Turn Your Passion Into an Online Business and
An Insight into Digital Marketing
Gone are the days when digital marketing considers as a buzzword for
It has become the need of the hour instead.
If digital marketing is still an alien term for you, this informative guide will definitely act as an eye-opener.
Meaning of Digital Marketing
Promoting company’s products or services via digital channels like mobiles, social media, email to name a few is digital marketing.
Unlike traditional marketing, several digital channels and tactics are used simultaneously to connect with targeted online customers.
Importance of Digital Marketing
You might ponder over the fact that why digital marketing is gaining importance in the online marketplace both for small and large businesses.
It is due to the following reasons:
- As compared to traditional marketing channels, digital marketing is cost-effective and delivers a fast result.
- Digital marketing gives leverage to business to choose a marketing medium as per their audience reach and budget.
- The conversion rate of digital marketing is higher, thereby generating higher revenues for businesses.
- Nowadays, audiences spend a whopping amount of time on mobiles, which influence their purchasing decisions as well. T
- hus, mobile audiences are easy to tap with digital marketing.
- Digital channels help in interacting with the target audiences in real time. This further results in increasing brand engagement. When a brand interacts with audiences on a regular basis, it eventually builds brand reputation.
Let’s move further and discuss about the different digital marketing channels available for businesses to choose from.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is the direct and quickest way to disseminate important business information amongst targeted audiences. Moreover, it is an effective way to generate business leads, showcase company’s achievements or product offers, etc. Engaging, informative, entertaining and relevant are four essential elements that make any email marketing campaign successful.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO is the process of optimizing a website so that it ranks higher in the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc., and generates organic traffic for the website. In order to get favorable results by this digital channel, user-friendly website with unique and keyword rich content are indispensable.
- Content Marketing – “Content is King” is one expression that actually fuels
the digitalmarketing activities. It encompasses creating such content which fulfills three purposes: increases brand awareness, lead generation andtraffic growth. Infographics, blogging, e-books, whitepapers, brochures, etc., are few mediums that strengthen the content marketing strategy of a business.
- Social Media Marketing – Promoting a brand over social media channels is termed as
a socialmedia marketing. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc., are fourmost important social media channels used for increasing customer engagement, brand awareness and generating quality traffic.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) – It is
paid formof digital marketing where advertisers need to pay a fee every time users click their advertisements. In simple words, it is one of the ways of buying targeted visitors for your website, waiting for their organic visits instead.
- Mobile Marketing – Mobiles have become an important part
forleading a comfortable life. Thus, mobiles have become indispensablemarketing tool too which helps companies in promoting their offerings via SMS and MMS. Because it is an extremely personal channel, therefore business needs to take extra caution while promoting their brand via this medium.
- Affiliate Marketing – It is termed as performance-based advertising where a business owner receives
commissionfor promoting some other company’s products or services at his website. In order to harness the benefit of this digital channel, it is necessary to team up with affiliate marketers.
After covering different digital marketing channels, let’s take a quick overview about advantages and disadvantages of digital marketing.
Pros of Digital Marketing
- It is a kind of marketing which involves low cost.
- It targets wide number of global audiences and gives opportunity to business to tap new national and international markets.
- It delivers fast results.
- It increases customer engagement, brand reputation and loyalty in
- Results of digital marketing are measurable as businesses get crystal clear idea about
totalnumber of conversion, totalnumber of lead generation, etc.
- Every industry – healthcare, banking, retail or IT can use different kinds of digital marketing channels for their brand promotion. In other words, it is not industry-specific.
- Digital marketing campaigns usually run 24*7 because
WorldWide Web does not sleep.
Drawbacks of Digital Marketing
- The digital marketing campaigns are easy to copy, thereby increasing the chances of tarnishing the brand image of a company.
- Consumers’ complaints and negative feedback obtained in the real-time.
- For getting desired results, employing digital marketing expert is inevitable
- It is prudent to bring changes in digital marketing strategies frequently because search engine algorithms update on a regular basis.
Digital Marketing Future Growth
Indeed, it is easy to guess by far that the future of digital marketing for large, medium and small businesses, catering to any industry, is very bright.
It is because 450 million users are present on the Internet and this is the astounding figure which no business can afford to ignore.
What and how to learn Digital Marketing?
So, if you want to become a digital marketing expert, it is extremely important to gain in-depth knowledge of ever-expanding digital marketing arena.
Topics like different digital marketing domains like search engine marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, inbound marketing, coding, digital analytics, etc.
which channel to implement for bringing desired set of results, pros and cons of particular digital marketing channel, etc., are important to cover extensively for becoming digital marketing specialist.
In order to gain extensive knowledge about digital marketing, it is advisable to enroll yourself in the digital marketing certification or professional diploma courses offered by reputed institutes.
As you can see, Digital Marketing is one of the hottest topic in the marketing industry, thinking about getting into it is worth the time.
With that being said, I hope this guide helped you to understand Digital Marketing a bit.
Will you want to make your career as Digital Marketer?
Have I missed anything?
Let me know your biggest takeaways in the comments.